Team Member Spotlight | Abbie Prince
Meet The Team | Abbie Prince
Abbie Prince found one of her first true loves while attending the College of Charleston, where she majored in International Business and minored in German and Tourism & Hospitality.
An internship at the Charleston-based catering company Patrick Properties evolved into a 2-year position leading to the job of banquet captain, and she became smitten with the energy of events and her introduction to industry leaders, well-known planners, designers, and more.
Freshly out of college, she went to work for 3 years with Tara Guerard Soiree, a high-profile planner in the Charleston area who also has roots in NYC. She focused on destination weddings in that position and really learned the ropes while traveling the country. The firm oversaw eight weddings a year, allowing Abbie to learn what it took to create and execute a complex designed event where there was “a detail for every detail.”
Abbie’s favorite part of working at Tara Guerard? Attending the tastings and menu planning with her clients. Catering was where her “ears perked up,” and she found the “sweet spot” of her career at the intersection of food and events.
Abbie next followed both her passion and her love (now fiancé) to D.C., and accepted a job at Design Cuisine, where she has now worked for 4 years. Starting as an Account Associate, she moved her way up to Account Executive, with a primary focus on corporate & non-profit/fundraiser events (overseeing Mount Vernon and Wolf Trap), along with a smattering of social events.
Abbie loves the creativity behind Design Cuisine, which she describes as “a full sensory experience with planning, design, operational logistics and, of course, the food!” She thrives on bustling days that never repeat themselves—a 20-person dinner on a Tuesday is often followed by a 1,200-person reception on a Thursday—and the allure of off-premise events in a never-ending array of new and exciting locations.
A FEW OF HER FAVORITE THINGS:
- Travel — She loves to go abroad and speaks fluent German, so spending time in Munich and Austria is high on her list of favorites.
- Going out to eat
- Whiling away the day at a Virginia winery
- Abbie grew up in the Virginia suburbs of D.C., but now her family resides in South Carolina.
- Abbie, her fiancé Zach, and their dog Millie (a crazy mutt who they rescued during the pandemic) recently moved into a sweet little rowhome in Old Town Alexandria.
- She is currently planning their wedding taking place in November 2021 and using all her talents for planning to make that magic happen!